Sandstone Flooring Pros
It's easy to point out the benefits of sandstone flooring, but seeing a nice sandstone tile installation in person says it all
- Natural beauty: There is an ineffable quality to natural materials that is obvious in sandstone flooring. Ranging in color from medium tone whites to multicolored maelstroms and all the way back to charcoal and black, sandstone can cover vast stretches of hues, and yet it always has a feeling of earth and rock that can be missing in many of its imitators.
- Durability: Sandstone can't match slate or granite for durability, but it is strong enough to last for decades if properly cared for.
- Uniqueness: Because sandstone is formed from nature itself, the colors, patterns, and hues found in any individual piece are completely unique and different. When sandstone is quarried, it comes out in giant slabs, which are then processed and cut into smaller pieces. That means that every piece of tile in every sandstone floor is one random sample of a great masterpiece of mountainous nature that stretches across the world.
- Texture: Sandstone, being a rock, comes from the mountain naturally craggy and jagged. In flooring tiles, this is leveled out in a process called "gauging." This gives you many options with sandstone flooring, as this process can be increased to hone the tiles into smooth surfaces or even polish them flat and glistening.
- Replaceable: Because sandstone flooring is installed in individual tiles or pieces, the tiles can be removed and replaced with relative ease. You just have to make sure that you save a few tiles from the original installation so that they match the repaired floor.
Finish: Top Natural, Bottom Natural or Calibrated, Edges Sawn or Hand Dressed.
- 300mm x 600mm, 450mm x 600mm, 600mm x 600mm and
- 900mm x 600mm. Custom sizes available upon request.
- Bottom Natural : 25mm – 35mm
- Bottom Calibrated: 25mm ± 1mm
- Other thicknesses available upon request
Crownstone offers a wide variety of Premium Quality Paving Stones. Paving stones are also know as patio stones, pave stones, exterior stones, outdoor flooring tiles, square cut pavers, patio pavers, patio paving stones, random pavers, flagstone pavers, flag stone, random flagstone.
AVAILABLE - Paving Stones / Patio Stones Pavers / Cabana Stone Paving
Texture / Finish
Natural Top Surface, Honed, Polished, Brushed, Tumbled, Sandblasted, Flamed, Acid Wash, Bush Hammered, Water Jet, Shot Blasted, Velvet, Leather.
Square Cut Sawn Edges or Hand Dressed / Rockfaced
300 x 300 mm / 12 inch x 12 inch (Some Colours),
300 x 600 mm / 12 inch x 24 inch (Stocking),
300 mm x 450 mm / 12 inch x 18 inch (Custom),
450 mm x 450 mm / 18 inch x 18 inch (Custom),
450 mm x 600 mm / 18 inch x 24 inch (Stocking),
600 x 600 mm / 24 inch x 24 inch (Stocking),
600 x 900 mm / 24 inch x 36 inch (Stocking),
450 x 900 mm / 18 inch x 36 inch (Some Colours).
25-35 mm (Hand Cut)
22 mm (Machine Cut), Calibrated +/- 2 mm
25 mm (Machine Cut), Calibrated +/- 2 mm
30 mm (Machine Cut), Calibrated +/- 2 mm
2 inch (Machine Cut), Calibrated
Due to natural stone characteristics, some variation in shade is inevitable.
Paving Stones are packed in crates according to their thickness."
300 x 600 and 600 x 600 - 160 sqft
450 x 600 and 900 x 600 - 240 sqft